January 1st, Stammtisch #81
(about 15 attendees)
Shows a numpad-like keyboard with LEDs made by Pimoroni. Includes a RaspberryPi Zero. Configurable by placing a LUA script into the device. The hardware has a wifi, but it’s unused.
This is their repo: https://github.com/pimoroni/keybow-firmware
Someone forked the repo and tried to improve it but did not get feedback from the original developers: https://github.com/TheDiveO/multibow
Naoto was asking for ideas on how to distribute a potential software he would create for that device, and how the wifi could be made configurable for users in a simple manner.
Idea from abe: https://www.bhencke.com/pixelblazegettingstarted
Talks about creating a mobile dating app, different to traditional ones. “blind dating”. Very minimal, not gathering user data like photos, age, interests…, only e-mail.
Here is a description of the project:
Andrey is looking for team members to write that app.
References: Miranda July (https://vimeo.com/105285889), Lauren McCarthy (https://lauren-mccarthy.com/)
Browser as a creative coding environment
Presents his recently released library to enable shader backgrounds on websites.
Async shader compilation example https://github.com/FMS-Cat/glcat-ts/blob/936a8580664f5e85a87bd4d3ddd4a91d4f10c578/src/GLCatProgram.ts
Depends on: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/KHR_parallel_shader_compile
Added to relatively recent versions of browsers, might be nice as an option but it seems that shader compilation is not a bottlenceck here.
=== break (with onat’s live coding this time!) ===
- naoto & flor’s introductory Hydra workshop at CCFest on Jan 24 ( https://twitter.com/naoto_hieda )
- appartment available for half year, in Charlottenburg. 1.5 room. Neighbor makes music some times. Ask Constanze.
- Nord Modular G1 synth available for sale. Also a AKAI APC Mini MIDI controller. Ask Abe.
- Andrey looking for two software developpers backend and frontend for the app project he presented: https://andreyustinov.com/p/possiblerendezvous/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latest demo made in OPENRNDR: https://youtu.be/TrGJt-FxRKw (Abe shared, Edwin made it. 90 seconds long).
- https://twitter.com/voorbeeld will give a talk in Japanese community on 14th feb https://connpass.com/event/200294/
Shows her OSC (OpenSoundControl) app for Android. It converts sensor inputs into OSC messages that can be sent to any creative coding environment.
“oscHook v2” https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hollyhook.oscHook&hl=en_US&gl=US
Sound, beacon distances, accelerometer, distances to phones. Open source, code at https://bitbucket.org/constanze/oschook2/
Reference: https://phonk.app/ (android prototyping app)
Live coding session in his own language.
The featured artwork of the month is by Constanze. Read more about it at http://hollyhook.de/hiroki/ .