November 6th, Stammtisch #79
Since he wants to use an AxiDraw but he refuses to use Inkscape, he built a Figma plugin as an alternative.
The plugin includes features like emergency stop.
It is available at the Figma pluging store.
Based on: https://github.com/nornagon/saxi
Freestyle SVG Exporter for Blender
Rewrite of Tooll (node based open source solution for creating interactive 3d content and animations)
He has been developing a tool for feedback loop efects.
Shows a tool, he has been working on for around a year and a half, for learning Chinese. Word by word transcript -> hire freelancers from Upwork to correct the transcript -> phonetic transcription
Google translate does phonetics but needs copy-pasting. Wenlin also does phonetics but same issue.
Used CC-CEDICT (opensource chinese dictionary)
Created an app based on cordova
Also works for German podcasts and… Russian literature.
A few finished episodes online:
https://player.zydeo.net/?ep=RSEV - Rice And Shine podcast: Ersatzverwandte
https://prose.zydeo.net/?ep=RTAKB - Excerpt from Anna Karenina
https://prose.zydeo.net/?ep=RCANS - Excerpt from Chekhov: Anna on the Neck
https://tsedit.zydeo.net/listen/E179 - Chinese episode from Story FM
I’ll be soon be opensourcing the prose variant (Russian examples) and I’m happy to share the Chinese/German one too… It has just been a lack of time so far to make the prototype mess presentable :)
Elliy is using ‘interesting landscape compositions’ images she took using the google Earth with to train a neural network to generate diferent imagery. Using satellite imagery and microscopic images of oil paint drops. Blurring the line between macroscopic and microscopic. Using Runway ML. Recommends it because it saves a lot of time.
Trained using the training model for faces because it has the highest resolution.
Tutorial resources for GAN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6p0zwHc5-8
Super resolution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZwYjY4_Wj0&t=4s
Fulldome Festival: https://fulldome-festival.de/
Say hello! firstname.lastname@example.org, ig: @elliyinspacetime
= Break =
= Announcements =
- Friend of Pixtur from the middle east is working for Unity devs willing to work on site on a realtime VR collab tool for industry usage. Contact Thomas on Twitter for https://twitter.com/pixtur
- Kazik - shadertoy clone to be embedded in HTML (almost there) https://github.com/xemantic/shader-web-background
- simplicity: just rendering background as fragment shader
- speed: designed to be embedded in HTML and start rendering before other resources are downloaded
- extensibility: add own uniforms with minimal code
- pixel feedback loops: preserving movement in time on offscreen buffer
- shadertoy support: partial
- floating-point textures: for offscreen buffers (overcoming limitation of glslViewer)
- cross browser / cross device: either with WebGl 1 or 2, will try to work wherever it’s possible
- Interactive Guide -> https://observablehq.com/@ricardomatias/playa
- Github -> https://github.com/ricardomatias/playa
- Announcement Tweet -> https://twitter.com/ricardomatiaspt/status/1324746619582091264
- Elliy - thinking of starting a publication on Medium for art/science/philosophy/technology etc related writing, people interested in writing contact me :D
- ig: @elliyinspacetime
- Dominic - I co-organise #ArtTechChat Twitter chat: https://twitter.com/ArtTechChat
- Kantemir - looking for work (full-stack web stuff mostly react, go, node) or some fun collaborative projects (maybe join a design focused person) since freelancing slowly rots my brain :) https://github.com/kantimam, email@example.com
- Taru - Join Coursera Machine Learning course study group https://discord.gg/pCVwEBT
- https://www.coursera.org/learn/machine-learning (Week 2 ongoing)
Eric has been workin on a project called ZenFighter
Using a heart rate sensor to check if you are improving you meditation skills.
There will be 2 people. One using a game controler and one using the sensor trying to calm down.
The person who manages to calm down will make the selected character fight on a fighting game.
Recently finished her plotter drawings exhibition.
felt uninspired and looked into a book called Designa (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20613528-designa)
Working with spirals using openframeworks.cc and plotting with an AxiDraw
Abe: a book that can be inspiring mentioned in the past (warning, fat PDF) is the Kunstformen der Natur
Santiago has created a web app for drawing using polar symmetry.
The tool can change line width and color during a single stroke.
Lines can be drawn with different brushed with geometric shapes.
The app is available for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zubieta.craze ans soon for iOS
Old web version: https://craze-alpha.herokuapp.com/
Onat introduces us to his late 80s fantasy world.
Fresh out of a B-series hacker movie, his software combines state-of-the-art technology with jargon that people have not come to understand. It has some sick colors, though.
He designed his very own coding language with his own syntax and physiology
The featured artwork of the month is by Nuño de la Serna (https://action-io.com/).