October 2nd, Stammtisch #78
Naoto - https://naotohieda.com/
He is at NODE Forum for Digital Arts
Conferences are streamed live for free.
And hubs is free to everyone:
https://hub.greenhousenaxos.com/tPxg6Vq/stage (and there are more rooms in our hubs!)
(un)official program https://cconline-node.glitch.me/
Presents https://samarthgulati.com/gibber-roll/, a sequencer inspired by https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/Song-Maker and using https://gibber.cc/
She recently got a pen plotter and is enjoying it a lot and interested into moiré patterns
Deniz talks about her fascination for repeating patterns.
Example “infinitive space” shader using this function:
https://pedalmarkt.com/blogs/news/ge-narrative-art-exhibition - I’ll be tomorrow at the exhibition from 2pm to 5pm in case anyone wants to check it out. With works by Raphaël, Deniz, Jack, Marcel, Sarah and I.
OPENRNDR now offers useful features for plotting: line intersections, shape substraction, and more.
Unity paid project: https://chat.funprogramming.org/creativecodebln/pl/8by8ih9tppys7ffdnxgnu85guo (sign up above)
PraxisLive v5 just came out (hybrid visual IDE for live programming): https://www.praxislive.org/blog/praxislive-v5/
Sorenpeter mentions https://www.visor.live/ and seems alive :)
Pixtur mentions https://cables.gl/
Praxislive user doing cool stuff http://www.nnvtn.ca/
= Break =
= Announcements =
- Ilu: next week is the vintage computer festival in Berlin (virtually) - https://wiki.vcfb.de/2020/en:start
- Kazik: Submit: 6 simple lines of tracking code - https://www.symbiocene.art/ - https://www.symbiocene.art/6-lines-submit
- Constanze: Built an Android app to generate OSC out of camera detected body poses (using Tensorflow). Looking for testers. APK file for testers: http://hollyhook.de/releases/app-debug.apk. Contact on twitter @holllyhook (tripple L)
- Samarth: Hydra workshop https://codame.com/events/visualize-music-using-hydra-blocks
- Civilizational Habits installation, a part of Industria immersive art experience onboard Illutron boat in Copenhagen:
- Industria website - https://industria.illutron.dk/
- Original installation proposal - https://xemantic.com/ideas/industria/
- Dream World - http://dreamworld.space/ (in Berlin, this is where we met with the director and other installation artists)
- Early footage:
- Civilizational Habits installation (deconstructing cultural conventions, joining analog and digital): https://vimeo.com/458724934
- Industria - one-shot experiential video of an immersive art experience: https://vimeo.com/461568639
- CMS engine:
- Working on documentary now.
Clayxels Unity Plugin https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/clayxels-165312
Introduction tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyeLzKge4w8
Some mushrooms are here: https://www.instagram.com/dreamstreamxpl/
dpmanual adaptation to Unity https://gitlab.com/tank-t-bird/motionblocks
Computational Graphic Design Manual (dpmanual): https://dpmanual.bitbucket.io/index.html - Shows how to design simple patterns via code. Same designs written in different languages (p5.js, Processing, OPENRNDR).
Clayxels reminded Deniz of this: https://twitter.com/ChevryMarc/status/1311002601622851584 🔥 Houdini!
There is this too, but I haven’t tried it: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/mudbun-volumetric-vfx-mesh-tool-177891#description
Clayxels is also like Dreams on Playstation:
Presents the syntax free programming language he’s been working on for 6 years, including a custom editor optimised for this language. “It’s not a language actually it’s more like a macro assembler”
The featured artwork of the month is by Abe Pazos (https://hamoid.com/).