July 3rd, Stammtisch #75
Presents the latest version of his website: https://xemantic.com/
including full screen shader effects.
Toolchain for optimizing and minimazing/obfuscating shaders:
- First: https://github.com/aras-p/glsl-optimizer
- Second: https://github.com/laurentlb/Shader_Minifier
Presents optical illusions he has animated. They are known optical illusions, he interpolated the design to reveal the parts that produce the illusion.
Optical Illusion researcher
He’s been trying out Nannou, the Rust-based creative coding environment. His initial plan was to try produce webassembly results, but they don’t support it yet.
-> maybe arturo knows about it http://arturocastro.net/ (naoto)
-> with openFrameworks (C++) you can target webassembly (aBe)
Rust + WASM
Has been experimenting with Processing and webcams. We watch live demos.
Progress on his ms-dos Processing clone, adding serial port support. Shows an Arduino generating a sine wave, which goes through rs232 portr into the old PC, and ms-dos Processing visualizes the moving curve in real time.
Shows her reinforced learning project. It’s a simulation system which is runs time over time again, each time evaluating the algorithm. The goal is to produce a system that grows and includes decline too. There are physics, boxes, a few circles (all affected by gravity) and a sun beam that makes the circles grow. The algo and the framework are from OpenAI: https://github.com/openai/gym
— break —
Coming events? Need help?
- Kazik could help convert web sites into fancy ones with shaders and webgl, dataviz, can do backend. @KazikPogoda in Twitter. email: email@example.com
- Naoto (tw: @naoto_hieda) on a panel about digital dancing on Monday (free but needs registration) http://tolovein.com/digital-dancing-fcpp/
- Naoto2: Open calls at NRW forum (which Naoto is part of) https://www.nextmuseum.io/en/
- Naoto3: Processing Hangout (july 11, related to education) http://ccfest.rocks/
- Naoto4: Hydra meetup (August 1st) - more to come
- Elias happy to help any creative coding oriented project with web extensions: e.g. https://github.com/nestarz/femmage ( contact me on twitter https://twitter.com/eeeeeeeeeexee )
Shows the latest version of PHONK https://phonk.app/ , a simple coding environment for Android devices. Demoes a bunch of its features, like accessing Processing, Puredata, sensor input, simple machine learning training based on webcam input (for example), and much more.
Go star it on Github! ⭐️ https://github.com/victordiaz/PHONK ⭐️
Shows a project made with Elliy for her class at Weimar University. Voice controlled interface based on a Teensy microcontroller connected to a computer. Using k-means clustering to classify sounds (only two for now but could work with more). “Woof or Miaw” a game to teach you how to recognize cats and dogs. If you see a pic of a cat you have to go “miaw”, if you see a pic of a dog, you have to go “woof”.
Pictures for the collages taken from: https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/94075#page/40/mode/1up
Eric: rickspat at gmail https://www.instagram.com/ericmersch/
Naoto & Nuño & Abe
Collaborative doodle. One person doodles something -> A second writes a description of the drawing -> A third person writes a generative program based on the description.