April 3rd, Stammtisch #72
Presents the new just released VVVV. Found at https://visualprogramming.net/
Free for non-commercial use. Currently for Windows, but it’s written in .net
which is cross-platform, so eventually maybe for Mac & Linux.
You can create your own nodes. Supports all 3 versions of Kinect devices.
Joreg on Mastodon: https://vis.social/@joreg
Project Page: https://github.com/SuperIlu/DOjS
Release tweet: https://twitter.com/dec_hl/status/1243531182018568194
- Pictures from my old Photoblog: https://twitter.com/PhotosStarred
- Built his own version of corona last week in p5.js https://www.openprocessing.org/sketch/860752 running on MS-DOS https://twitter.com/dec_hl/status/1241670809506189313
Shader limitations in Processing:
Showing a text based rendering thing he made. First still, then animated.
Runs in the browser. Converting photos to text, but also algorithmic noise.
Converted fonts using filters to damage the fonts, then converted them back to
a font. Affected by reaction diffusion.
Used https://www.fontself.com/ to convert the images to a font (for Illustrator).
Was contacted by a friend asking about who can build a robot, so
he said he would do it. A robot carries around a pico projector in the club.
Found a project for converting vacuum cleaners into hackable robots.
Carries a Raspberry Pi & a power converter. The Pi overrides the computer
in the vacuum cleaner and gets access to the sensors.
Link to API:
Nvidia Jetson Nano:
Projectors with battery:
Artlii Mana Mini Beamer - 50 lumens
Mini Projector, Crosstour - 100 lumens
Apeman M4 Mini Projector - 100 lumens
It seems that is is still possible to buy an older model, M7, which is cheaper, and might have better specs - better stereo speakers, 150 lumens, but it’s much heavier and bigger
Acers - you can choose 3 models, 100-300 lumens ranging from 180-240 EUR
Podoor Mini Projector 250ANSI Lumens
Viewsonic M1 Portable LED Projector - 250 lumens
— break —
- Marie: artistic zoom bombing? Is it possible? Who wants to try? marieflanagan.com
- Stef: built a web app to connect to Spotify to help get out of playing the same music always.
- Ilu: one layer on top of Marie’s idea: use ML to have an avatar of a very known person to join the Zoom call.
- Taru: Recroom social VR platform, you can do scripting. Programming around you in space. https://rec-room.fandom.com/wiki/Circuits Tomorrow Saturday at 3 online. Tomorrow just a small test with more people. Eventually a bigger event? Works on different headsets. Contact… Taru firstname.lastname@example.org or Taru in Mattermost/Discord
- https://pixelfed.org/ free open platform alternative to Instagram
- Daily lunch: https://meet.jit.si/LowFrequencySkies
- Short announcement about OpenRNDR: https://openrndr.org/ Wrote three posts comparing writing simple programs in Processing and OpenRNDR and highlighting differences between the two languages.
- Sharing code of old sketches on Github: https://github.com/hamoid/Fun-Programming/tree/master/processing/ideas
Projection mapping system. A shared document edited by remote people, then projected
onto balloons and other objects, remote participants can see via webcam the result. “Quarantine art from your own window”
Does a live peformance with a cello, projections on balloons, a contact microphone, a Bella with some PD for sound.
Suggests doing a festival of online performances?
Related: https://quarantinestories.today/ (made by RNDR)
OBS Studio https://obsproject.com/ (use 32 bit)
patch for zoom https://github.com/CatxFish/obs-virtual-cam/issues/78
Announcement: Processing hangout https://twitter.com/ProcessingOrg/status/1245071108530831360