November 1st, Stammtisch #67
35 out of 52 signed up
Shows a screen that uses no power when not changing (e-ink style) with 3 colors. Nice to show art works that change once in a while.
Spatial computing jam #1
Organized an event around experimenting with AR and VR. She collected many learning resources for different technologies.
+Spatial computing jam #1
Shader with music from Floating Spectrum:
— break –
Shows her Touch Designer experimenting with generating sound, even if TD is mostly a visual tool. She enjoys working with Blender, and has been trying to bring shapes from Blender into TD. Needs help with that. She tried with OSC to send data from Blender to TD, but did not work well. Another approach which is not live, was to reload an OBJ file every time it’s exported from Blender.
Contact Alma on instagram to help her: https://www.instagram.com/chaton_satan/
Marketplace & plugs
- Floating Spectrum performance November 14th at Lacuna Lab.
- Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2475591392768582/
- Teaser: https://vimeo.com/178617475
- Listen: http://floatingspectrum.bandcamp.com
- Alex Williams: Looking for part time work as a game designer/game developer. Interested in VR, experimental and research games, teaching/education, non profit or cultural work, has lots of opinions about design and design philosophy. http://www.byrabbit.design ← website LinkedIn / Facebook, also a valid option. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ALSO wants pointers on how to start with creative coding. Suggestions: Keijiro Takahashi / Catlike coding / https://natureofcode.com/book/ /https://thebookofshaders.com/…
- Ilu: looking for help, creative coding in MS-DOS. Wants 3D graphics. Needs someone good with the webgl / gl math. https://twitter.com/dec_hl, https://github.com/superilu
- Alma: Co-Learning Touch Designer events. Join! 🙂 Watch this spot
- Taru: looking for room in the next 3 months (I can move whenever!). She brings VR equipment! Unique opportunity 🙂 Contact @tarumuh on Twitter. Ps. Long-term preferred
Continues with his latest hack in Phonk, his Android based creative coding platform (an App you can download). The app provides an IDE which you load from your laptop. You type code in that IDE, and when you run, the sketch runs in the phone. It provides access to all sensors.
After he joined a shader workshop, he implement shaders in Phonk. So you can easily create shaders, and use the sensors in the phone to modify the shader behavior (for example tilting the phone). Press STAR in GitHub NOW! :) https://github.com/victordiaz/phonk
Released this openFrameworks addon: https://github.com/action-script/ofxWFC3D
“Wave Function Collapse” algorithm. What it does is calculate all possible combinations that match a certain set of 3D rules. It’s like having Lego pieces, and those pieces can only be connected in certain ways. The system will create random Lego constructions.
He’s never been much into social networks so he was quite creeped out when he joined Taru’s event and found Spark AR to create a 3D mesh of your face in real time. It also provides hand recognition.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/SparkARcommunity/ for many filters made by other people
He’s been working on his own programming language, targeting himself only (so no cross platform). Uses imGui for the gui. Uses Signed Distance Fields and tiles for rendering lines.
Kazik’s birthday singing