October 4th, Stammtisch #66
Rachel runs the School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe.
Alternate Reality Game Jam, Saturday, 5. Oct. 11am—6pm
Shows Meow Wolf video.
School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe Five year anniversary party with guest speaker from Meow Wolf, Saturday 12. October, 8pm—2am
Runs Tech Art Berlin, an event in a direction similar to this event.
Shows her video essay, with collaboration with Kazik
Nuño - https://action-io.com/ https://www.instagram.com/action.io/
Talks about his approach to work. Mentions that he doesn’t so far done a great job at communicating how he works, the process.
Today he tries to describe two of his projects:
- A present he made. A poster with a collection of memories. He made it tracing outlines of images that had meaning for him and his friends. He later used part of the tool he built for creating the poster in a different project in which drones make graffities in walls. https://action-io.com/post/154933220678/20161123-berlin-memory-trace-map-of-berlin https://dronegraffiti.tumblr.com/
- He observed a pattern of water in the window, learned that it’s reproduceable with a reaction-diffusion algorithm. Then he created such algorithm in cables.js:
Next week he will give this talk at Porto Tech Hub 2019: Expressive Generative Lighting
Introduction to lighting design concepts like temperature. First mentioning natural lighting (the sun), then artificial. Imanol is interested in how to do storytelling with light.
Explains how controlling stage lights digitally using the DMX and ArtNet protocols.
Now you don’t need to be an expert to control stage lights. You just need a laptop.
You can control lights with a texture or a video in MadMapper.
— Break —
- Touch Designer Co-learning Berlin in meetup. In co.up Tuesday Oct 8th, 7pm.
- Victor: wants to make web based videogame. Looking for advice for frameworks.
- Taru: will run a spatial computing jam. Oct 26th. Spend 1 Saturday building VR / AR / mixed reality experiments. Will be announced in meetup under Creative Code Berlin. They’re looking for a good name for the event.
- Gustavo: Wants recommendations for events / tech art / installations during his visit to Berlin. Answer: Futurium.
Valencia & Kazik
Live dance & interactive visuals performance.
- Artificial human motion and predictive dance: https://christianmioloclair.com/blackberrywinter
In Berlin for an art residency, coming from Latin-America. Shows work in progress: a co-creation with a decomposing organic material to create some kind of landscape.
Hand held microscope image data, translate into MIDI signals.
The sound is controlled with Ableton Live. Plans to make sound working with SuperCollider and image with Processing or openFrameworks.
During his studies he was given the keyword Chaos to inspire works. He took 4 images with chaos in them. He came up with this work:
Prints were shown in Munich in 2010 UAMO festival.
Trying to connect with his past self.
He loves education. Driving and teaching on a banh through spain. http://victordiazbarrales.com/projects/make-with-moto
Teaches every year at the Design Academy in Eindhoven.
Inspired by https://funprogramming.org/ he creates workshop for teaching coding principles.
Years ago people wanted to create mobile apps, but it was very frustrating. So he created a tool to prototype in Android devices. http://phonk.io
Free Libre Open Source Software (FLOSS) https://github.com/victordiaz/phonk