August 9th, Stammtisch #64
Today as a new introductions format, we had 10 minutes to talk to people we don’t know.
Little project she finished about Fragment Shaders (programs that run in the graphics card instead of the CPU). All about pixel colors, set by a very fast program. Written in ClojureScript. It’s a web based / terminal environment. She writes code in the terminal, the browser window shows the running graphics and shader source code to the audience.
Repository with the code: https://gitlab.com/lislis/figfrag
Secret art-tech event in a mystery location. This will be the 2nd edition. Nuño showed two invite QR codes for people to register.
Showing cool stuff you can do in the new version of vvvv (a node based visual programming language and multipurpose toolkit), for example 1. a “character packing” algorithm that fits letters in a rectangle avoiding overlapping, 2. the multilevin example (see Golan Levin), 3. a particle system represented by classes / objects.
Today they had a workshop on computer vision, they used printed paper marker. Shows an example in which he rotates a marker, but the software inverses the transformations so it’s always shown as perpendicular to the camera.
Golan levin: http://www.flong.com/
Paolo & Dörte
Transform sound data into personalised jewellery (organic looking), created in a sustainable fashion. Received a grant for it, must be ready in February 2020. They ask for ideas and input into making this happen.
Plugs, calls, coming events, etc
- Stef: Flat needed for October, WG room or appartment. Contact: email@example.com
- Rachel: 29th August, show at School of Machines, Making and Make Believe. Today finished course on Money.
- Rachel: question: “sleep over” with scientists and artists. Spending the night at home discussing stuff. Is that weird? Would people be interested? Many hands raised.
- Kazik: proposes to organize an OpenRNDR workshop. Who is interested? About +8 people.
- Saskia: live coding event in Amsterdam.
- Utrecht: shader showdown event (Facebook events)
- Alex: looking for a job (PhD in math) ex. tutoring/teaching: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruth: looking for a job as entry level creative coder http://ruth.wtf
- https://gettogether.community/events/1811/creative-coding-mallorca-1/ Creative Coding Mallorca events started this year. We are spreading! :)
- Mei Fang: looking for a video artist to do visuals for her upcoming album as Floating Spectrum: A Point Between. Examples 1 2 3 4.
— break —
Exploration of Perlin noise. Beautiful animations running 100.000.000 particles (not real time). Pop style / “French table cloth” looking landscapes.
Steering particles based on a noise texture
- https://www.windy.com/ (weather data animated in real time)
- Looping noise:
Kazik & Marina
Design in Motion Festival
Find Kazik at: http://xemantic.com
Process and tools:
Why OPENRNDR?: https://medium.com/@kazikpogoda/the-limits-of-processing-and-how-i-transcend-them-with-openrndr-e6a63c5924fd
“natural generative color”: https://medium.com/@kazikpogoda/not-so-discreet-charm-of-machine-colors-1390d4dba3db
Shows her audio reactive visuals done in TouchDesigner. She played them in live situations. It was harder than expected, because settings had to be tweaked depending on the music.
From the Money workshop at the School Of Ma: http://schoolofma.org/
A machine from Martin and Cesar’s workshop/project “Bitcoin of Things”
Wearing a crypto mining machine on his head that also gives a lot of pleasure. “The mining aspect is not good, but the pleasure aspect is great!”