February 1st, Stammtisch #58
Machine learning to recognise if someone smiling. Using Keras.
- this Machine Learning course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/machine-learning
- The Keras library: https://keras.io/
Built a thermal printer camera based on a RaspberryPi and a 3D printed case.
- Thermal printer: https://www.adafruit.com/product/597
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Custom 3D printed case
- Instructions: https://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-Instant-Pi-Camera/
“Somestic Media” is an installation comprised of three home appliances
“Cached” is an experience in which you meet your digital self
Psychometrics API that is usable by artists: https://applymagicsauce.com/
== break ==
Kazik is going deep into the rabbit hole of pixel shaders.
“Shadertoy is YouTube for nerds”
Shows particle system made with shader code
Now he wants to create “artificial life forms that look semi-organic”
- Procedurally generated worlds: Journey, Flow
- https://www.desmos.com/calculator (e.g. https://www.desmos.com/calculator/nicecpjqpq)
- AR library to use camera: https://www.sparkar.com/ar-studio/
“application for Servus Alexa - Machine Learning Hackathon organised by Goethe Institut and N3XTCODER.”
“Study with Me”
“Application made for he sister based on the concept of Study with Me. This plays an 1-hour long video of a student quitely studying and will nag her everytime she looks at the computer.”
- Wekinator + Processing: http://www.wekinator.org/
“This is kind of a failure report”
The idea was that we take the world, open it as a cylinder, then slice this map along a ribbon shape, then stretch it out to create a scaling-up effect.
- Source for vector maps of the world: https://www.naturalearthdata.com/
Featured image by Trang