October 6th, Stammtisch #44
Beginning a game that uses blockchain technologies and explores the idea of trust.
Sharing some of the questions she is asking in the early stages, as well as her log of technical work so far.
- What is trust?
- What is the relationship of vulnerability and trust?
- What does trust have to do with private property?
- What about trust and our ownership of our own bodies?
- Where does decentralization put power? Can power be “put” somewhere?
- What is the difference between individual trust transactions and communal trust networks?
- Why does most game theory (seem to) gloss over the most interesting parts of trust (what is it, how does it work holistically, how do we grow it) in favour of the least interesting part (who “wins”)?
- Is consensus “neutral”? Is anything neutral?
- Can a system be neutral? Is neutrality just an extension of existing power?
- Is anything peer-to-peer when the peers don’t technically own or control the terms of service/platform?
- What will blockchain technologies do to labour? To the valuing of labour? Are we really moving into the attention economy?
Also showed “The evolution of trust” a game she found online.
Artificial Insulter (AI) - https://vimeo.com/206291184
Two computers seeing visitors (analyzing live webcam images) and insulting them.
On going project in which he uses lathe (revolution geometry). There’s videos about machines cutting rotating objects. There’s also a three.js class for creating lathe geometries. While working on those lathes in 3D, he found a free feather database online: https://www.featherbase.info/en/home . Next he combined both lathe + feathers.
He used gimp and a tool called crazybump for creating textures of feathers.
Electronic Chaos Oracle 4.0, work in progress. A chat bot that uses machine learning algorithms trained with lots of philosophy, media theory documents. http://mrzl.net
SuperCollider workshop tomorrow morning at Spektrum: http://spektrumberlin.de/events/detail/beginner-supercollider.html
https://www.meetup.com/openFrameworks-Berlin-Meetup/ OpenFrameworks meetup Friday 13th.
Artifacts exhibition. Baumschulenweg. 5 min from Sonnenallee. Friday 13th. Facebook event coming here soon…
Codeine for artists workshop: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/codeine-for-artists-numbing-the-pain-of-programming-a-creative-coding-workshop-tickets-38116605794
“Decentralized AI”, “Optical Systems for New Media Tinkerers” and other School of Machines, Making & Make Believe workshops: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/school-of-machines-making-amp-make-believe-8271358027
From Zach’s tweet
Portable wifi router based on raspberry pi to distribute art while mobile.
http://jellereith.nl/ Paintball machine that learns to shoot better over the course of two days (using AI).
Universal clock, 3D printed, for synchronizing people at long distance (Mars - Earth).
Wearable flapping dress that gives the person wearing it a sense of orientation (North - South).