Friday, January 2nd 2015, Stammtisch #15
Event page: ?
What was talked about?
We had no computer for this first Stammtisch of 2015, but much was talked about, so here’s our train of consciousness:
- 31C3 (Chaos Communication Congress in Hamburg)
- Sensory Expansion / Body augmentation (Ramin implanted a neodymium magnet in his finger)
- Is the Creative Code Stammtisch name too specific? (verdict at the table: no)
- Ramin’s Arduino DVD is at Dussmann! (also Amazon)
- Rachel is moving to Prenzlauerberg
- David O’Reilly’s game, Mountain, and his Thoughts on Mountain
- Black Mirror TV series, about the impending dangers of technology
- Her film, about the friendlier side of technology
- Elon Musk is afraid of A.I.
- So is Stephen Hawking
- Ai Wei Wei is living in our future of permanent surveillance
- Server4You is an aBe-approved virtual server provider
- aBe is learning Overtone and Clojure
- People need to understand encryption to maintain digital privacy–here are some good resources:
- And some fiction that is also educational on the subject:
- Other book recommendations:
- Do people really think North Korea is behind the Sony hack? (verdict at the table: no)
- Steve Lambert has a lot to show you
- The Salt of The Earth is an impressive documentary by Wim Wenders & photographer Juliano Salgado about him work. Still 4 days left to see it .
What’s up in November / December?
Events in Berlin
color-field-immersion Friday 28.11 , Liebig12
The IT Show - Friday December 5th at 7pm at Bethanien.
Unrender - The beauty of impermanence Saturday 6th. Exhibition 5pm, performances 8pm. At Lehrter Siebzehn.
Residencies and contests
Programa La Plaza
Deadline: December 20th