Friday, September 5th 2014, Stammtisch #12
- http://datawillhelp.us/ by Jonatan Harris, part of http://bigbangdata.cccb.org/en/
- http://devartcodefactory.com/ by Karsten Schmidt, generative 3D shapes.
- Upload image from processing.js to PHP .
- Git activity visualized as laser cut object http://hamoid.tumblr.com/post/94772907624/
- Internet browsing experience enhanced by natural language processing
- Stanford NLP group (Natural language processing)
- Stan Vanderbeek: The computer generation (part 1)
- VStan VanDerBeek – Poem Field 2
- Sharing Faces - Kyle McDonald
- [BRDG019] HiDM2_9
- I, Robot (1983): Pioneering 3D game on Atari
- Star Rider (1983): Pre-rendered backgrounds for the game Star Rider
- 3D Monster Maze: first 3D game for home use
- Doom for ZX Spectrum
- Breaking the Surface by Bjørn Gunnar Staal
- LEAP Motion + Oculus Rift VR
- Garbuix. Processing sketch that uses particles, and the interactions between them, to create patterns. Includes a web based interface that communicates via OSC.
- Mesh of particles with forces inspired by the Geometry Wars game using Euler integration.
- CAUTION: Really good for raster / texture sprites, but primitive drawing routines (shapes like circles and lines) are slow and buggy . Spoke to the creator and he backlogged the problem. Still looking for a good solution for fast 2D primitive drawing in WebGL. Will experiment with Three.js in the next month and report the results.
- Check also Phaser.js, a library for mobile and desktop videpgame development in JS. It is built on top of Pixi. It adds many functions like collision detection, gamepad input, tile mapping, sound… etc. Check the examples here.
Web based interface for OSC communication that can be used with Processing or other creative coding frameworks.
Ars Electronica (4 to 8th September in Linz, Austria)
Music Hack Day (5-6th of September)
Hack Presentations 13:00 - 15:00 on Saturday
Creative Code Jam (20th of September)
Wear It Berlin (11-12 October)
Wear It is the first festival for wearable electronics and arts in Berlin
What’s up this month?
Sharing Faces by Kyle McDonald
Cyborg un plug by Julian Oliver
LEAP Motion combined with the Oculus Rift
Breaking the Surface by Bjørn Gunnar Staal (Scandinavian Design Group)
Somebody App by Miranda July