Friday, May 2nd 2014, Stammtisch #8
Presentation of an awesome™ new school: the School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe. Tell your friends!
LucasFilm real-time rendering and keymapping: http://vimeo.com/75321405
Robotic haptic interface: http://www.ted.com/talks/james_patten_the_best_computer_interface_maybe_your_hands
What’s up this month?
Calls for submissions
April 30thMay 5th] Medialab Prado is asking for Processing.js sketches to project on a building in Madrid: http://programalaplaza.medialab-prado.es/
Reading & watching
- A very nicely curated collection of electronic and machinic art
- Built-in Processing functionality to make your sketches look better
- Excellent writeup of the Resonate festival
- Large scale projection mapping inside a gas tank
- MIT Transform table was exhibited at Milan design week
- Kyle McDonald’s latest project, Conversnitch is a lamp that eavesdrop on people and tweets bits of their conversations.
- Terrors of the Breakfast Table: http://blog.arduino.cc/2014/04/26/the-making-of-terrors-of-the-break
Events & exhibitions
- [until April 26th] Obsessive Sensing exhibition at LEAP
- [April 29th] Urban Knights at LEAP
- [May 25th] Processing intro workshop at NK